To reserve your place for the study, or have any questions, send an email to Brooke@savalifeathens.org
Post-Abortion Distress Test
- Do you find yourself struggling to turn off the feelings connected to your abortion(s), perhaps telling yourself over and over to forget about it?
- Are you affected by physical reminders of your abortion, i.e., babies, pregnant women, sound of a vacuum; or are you uncomfortable around children?
- Have you experienced a desire to be pregnant again, perhaps wishing to replace your aborted child?
- Have you experienced any new or increased self-destructive behaviors (promiscuity, abusive relationships, eating disorders, drug/alcohol abuse)?
- Have you experienced any reactions such as nightmares, flashbacks, or hallucinations (such as hearing a baby cry) that relate to your abortion experience?
- Have you experienced periods of prolonged depression?
- Have you had any suicidal thoughts since your abortion(s)?
- Are you unable to talk about your abortions(s)?
- Do you fear that you will never be able to have children, or more children?
- Do you tend to look at your life in terms of “before” and “after” the abortion(s)?
- Have you experienced a numbing of your emotions – an inability to feel strongly?
- Do you feel sad or depressed on the anniversary date of the abortion or the anniversary of the due date of the baby?
- Are you bothered by feelings of guilt or shame?
- Do you grieve for the loss of your baby?
- Are you having trouble forgiving others who were involved in the decision to abort or in your abortion(s)?
- Do you have mothering problems with any of your living children (for example, over-protective, difficulty with physical affection, failure to bond, etc.)?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you will benefit from the “Forgiven and Set Free” study, and also will benefit from discussing your abortion(s) and how it has affected your life with a safe, confidential, and compassionate person.